anyone can take a second look at the issue reported in this thread:

http://ivtvdriver.org/pipermail/ivtv-users/2009-November/009648.html

It would be nice to hear some suggestions for how I can fix this problem
or further tests I could run to gather more information to enable the
problem to be resolved. If the issue report is missing something
important, please let me know, and I'll do my best to respond.

Regards,

Tom Epperly

Re: Looking for feedback on a PVR 350 TV output problem [ In reply to ]
> From: Tom Epperly <tepperly@gmail.com>
> To: ivtv-users@ivtvdriver.org
> Subject: [ivtv-users] Looking for feedback on a PVR 350 TV output
> problem
>
> I realize that the ivtv developers are volunteers, but I am wondering if
> anyone can take a second look at the issue reported in this thread:
>
> http://ivtvdriver.org/pipermail/ivtv-users/2009-November/009648.html
>
> It would be nice to hear some suggestions for how I can fix this problem
> or further tests I could run to gather more information to enable the
> problem to be resolved. If the issue report is missing something
> important, please let me know, and I'll do my best to respond.
>
> Regards,
>
> Tom Epperly

I have no experience with the ivtv xorg driver, but the first step should be
to check if the TV out is working.

Stop the xserver and try

cat /dev/video0 > /dev/video16

You should see at least a static on the TV now. If this is the case, we know
that the hardware (both TV and card) are working and cables are right.

Re: Looking for feedback on a PVR 350 TV output problem [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 2009-12-04 at 19:04 +0100, Martin Dauskardt wrote:
> > From: Tom Epperly <tepperly@gmail.com>
> > To: ivtv-users@ivtvdriver.org
> > Subject: [ivtv-users] Looking for feedback on a PVR 350 TV output
> > problem
> >
> > I realize that the ivtv developers are volunteers, but I am wondering if
> > anyone can take a second look at the issue reported in this thread:
> >
> > http://ivtvdriver.org/pipermail/ivtv-users/2009-November/009648.html
> >
> > It would be nice to hear some suggestions for how I can fix this problem
> > or further tests I could run to gather more information to enable the
> > problem to be resolved. If the issue report is missing something
> > important, please let me know, and I'll do my best to respond.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Tom Epperly
> >
> I have no experience with the ivtv xorg driver, but the first step should be
> to check if the TV out is working.
>
> Stop the xserver and try
>
> cat /dev/video0 > /dev/video16
>
> You should see at least a static on the TV now. If this is the case, we know
> that the hardware (both TV and card) are working and cables are right.

Tom and Martin,

I was going to look at this tonight (after I get the kids to bed!).

I'll also be figuring out how to use the ivtvfb driver with Xorg on
Fedora 12...

Regards,
Andy

Re: Looking for feedback on a PVR 350 TV output problem [ In reply to ]
Wow, I need a brown bag. One of intermediate cable connections had come
apart. The TV video & audio is working now.

Tom

Re: Looking for feedback on a PVR 350 TV output problem [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 2009-12-04 at 16:27 -0800, Tom Epperly wrote:
> Wow, I need a brown bag. One of intermediate cable connections had
> come apart. The TV video & audio is working now.

That's good, because everything was working for me in my tests here.

At least you can draw a smiley face on that brown bag, since audio and
video is working for you again. :)

Regards,
Andy