receiver? I have a spare IR receiver which I would like to use on a
computer that doesn't have a Hauppauge card in it. (My PVR and DVB
cards have just been shifted to a server out of the way.) Even if I
knew the pin out of the little RCA jack on the IR receiver that would
probably be enough for me to build a circuit around it and interface
it to the parallel or serial port and get lirc to work with it.

Cheers
Michael.

Re: hauppauge IR receiver [ In reply to ]
On 31/08/2009, Michael Cree <mcree@orcon.net.nz> wrote:

> cards have just been shifted to a server out of the way.) Even if I
> knew the pin out of the little RCA jack on the IR receiver that would
> probably be enough for me to build a circuit around it and interface
> it to the parallel or serial port and get lirc to work with it.

Perhaps http://www.mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2004-January/025700.html
might help you out here?

Cheers,
Nick

--
Nick Morrott

MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/

Re: hauppauge IR receiver [ In reply to ]
On 31/08/2009, at 7:37 PM, Nick Morrott wrote:
> On 31/08/2009, Michael Cree <mcree@orcon.net.nz> wrote:
>
>> cards have just been shifted to a server out of the way.) Even if I
>> knew the pin out of the little RCA jack on the IR receiver that would
>> probably be enough for me to build a circuit around it and interface
>> it to the parallel or serial port and get lirc to work with it.
>
> Perhaps http://www.mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2004-January/025700.html
> might help you out here?

Thanks, that's brilliant. I now have signals displaying on the
oscilloscope from the Hauppauge infrared receiver.

Cheers
Michael.