Mailing List Archive

Small GUI for all devices working with ivtv.
> Hi,
>
> since I didn't want to use mythtv or similar programs
> with my Hauppauge PVR 150 for just watching tv I wrote a small
> GUI in Tcl/Tk.
>
> The program by the name of TV-Viewer can be used to switch
> stations and many more. It is simple to use and install.
> I've created homepage were you can get all additional
> informations.
> Just follow this link:
> http://home.arcor.de/saedelaere/index_eng.html
>
> It is available in german and english.
> PLease let me know what you make of it!
>
> Regards
> Saedelaere
Hi,

this is the first bugfix release for 0.7.5

Bugfixes:

* Activation of "Increase Bitrate" in the "Configuration-Wizard"
resulted in a serious bug. The main interface did not start anymore.
* Automatic station search did not work on some systems because it was
not possible to define the VBI device node. For that reason I added a
corresponding option in the "Configuration-Wizard".
* With Tcl/Tk 8.5 installed the font"DejaVu Sans Mono" could not be
recognized though it is installed.

New features:
* Update-Daemon and search for updates manually

The new version can be downloaded here:
http://home.arcor.de/saedelaere/download_eng.html
You may read the complete news here:
http://home.arcor.de/saedelaere/index_eng.html

In addition I enhanced the user guide in some sections with more
informations about installation and usage of TV-Viewer.

Have fun with the new version

Christian

Re: Small GUI for all devices working with ivtv. [ In reply to ]
Hi,

lot's of things have changed since I wrote my last message to this
mailing list. TV-Viewer has now about 150 - 200 Users from all over the
world :).

I've released a new version 0.7.7b1 which introduces a lot of new features.

Bugfixes:

* Translation issues.
* The scheduler produced an error when the video device is already in use.
* Minor things in the code.

New features:

* Now using frequencies instead channels. This will allow you to use
finetuning.
* Automatic station search no longer depends on scantv or a working VBI
device node. Now all users should be able to use it.
* Update-Daemon is now a News-Reader.
* Videocard control options (Hue, saturation...) and video standard
(Pal, secam, ntsc) will only be changed if necessary.
* Splash screen.

In fact I've changed hundred of lines of code. Not all changes are
visible to the user, but it should be worth to upgrade. Note that
TV-Viewer now depends on Tcl/Tk version 8.5 or higher. If this version
is not provided by your distribution you may use ActiveTcl from ActiveState.
These new features are a preparatory work for version 0.8.x.
Normaly BETA versions are only announced on the website and with the
News-Reader of TV-Viewer. As this version brings lot's of changes I will
announce it the same way as always.

See the download section on how to get this version.
http://home.arcor.de/saedelaere/download_eng.html

It woul be interesting if my little Program works with tv-cards like
hvr-1500/1600.
So if there's someone out there willing to try analogue tv with
tv-viewer, let me know if it works.

Bet Regards
Christian

Re: Small GUI for all devices working with ivtv. [ In reply to ]
New stable release 0.7.7

After a long beta period, with five beta versions, it is time for the
next stable release.
Many things have been changed since 0.7.6.2 Please note the bugfixes and
new features mentioned below refer to version 0.7.6.2 and not to the
last beta.

Bugfixes:

* Removed some mistakes and crudities in the text passages.
* The scheduler produced an error if the video device node was already
in use and did not try again to finish the job.
* Minor things in the source code.

New Features:

* Now using frequencies instead channels. This will allow you to use
finetuning.
* Automatic station search no longer depends on scantv or a working VBI
device node. Now all users should be able to use it.
* Update-Daemon is now a News-Reader.
* Videocard control options (Hue, saturation...) and video standard
(Pal, secam, ntsc) will only be changed if necessary.
* Splash screen.
* You may now dock TV-Viewer into the system tray (Does not work on Ubuntu).
* Added an entry field to the Station-Editor. It may be used to get the
frequency of a specific channel.
* The record wizard is now able to parse output files with blancs.

If you want to have a more detailed overview of what has changed since
0.7.6.2, have a look at the changelog.
you can download the new version on the homepage.
http://home.arcor.de/saedelaere/download_eng.html

Please note, that some system requirements have been changed!
Older configuration files and station files (< 0.7.7b1) will no longer
work with this release. Create a new configuration with the
"Configuration-Wizard". Use the "stations-editor" (Options --> convert
stations) to convert old station files to the new format.

With this release I'am finishing the 0.7.x development branch. Only if
there will be grave bugs i will make a bugfix release.
The planning for 0.8.x is mostly completed. So it is quite sure what
will be included in the development branch and how to implent them.
Nevertheless most of the code has still to be written. I'am looking
forward to release a first alpha version within the next weeks.

Enjoy the new version

Re: Small GUI for all devices working with ivtv. [ In reply to ]
Am Sat, 29 Nov 2008 00:34:55 +0100