Mailing List Archive

Re: [ivtv-users] New Java GUI for IVTV drivers
On Wed, 2010-12-08 at 01:34 +0100, Philipp Stiegler wrote:
> Hello Guys,
>
> I want to give you a short update about the progress I made in the last
> time.
> First of all, the GUI supports now 2 or more Tuners. Furthermore also
> Radio support is implemented (but not very eye-candy by now, another
> update will follow).
> Another problem I have with the radio support is, that radio frequency
> can't be switched while a player is reading the video device. So
> everytime you switch the radio frequency the player is closed and opened
> again. But I work for a solution.

It appears that /dev/video24 has higher priority than /dev/radio0 at the
time you try to change the frequency:

http://linuxtv.org/downloads/v4l-dvb-apis/vidioc-g-priority.html

Try changing the frequency using /dev/video24 .

I don't immediately see any reason in the driver why the priority would
be any different between the two nodes. I can reproduce the problem
with a PVR-350, ivtv-radio, and v4l2-ctl, so it is likely an ivtv driver
bug that is corrupting the driver's card instance data structures. :(

> Again feedback or featurerequests are appreciated.

Thanks for making a GUI radio app that takes audio from /dev/video24
(most expect to use ALSA /dev/snd/pcm* nodes). I like listening to FM
radio while I work.

You may also want to look at adding sound capture from ALSA device
nodes. The cx18 driver has a cx18-alsa module that presents an ALSA
interface. I have a long term plan for an ivtv-alsa module to do the
same thing for ivtv.

Regards,
Andy