(http://digchip.com/datasheets/download_datasheet.php?id=244968&part-number=CX23415)
says

Video Decoding
• Supports MPEG-2 and MPEG-1
- 525/60 (NTSC) up to 720x480 @ 30 fps
- 625/50 (PAL) up to 720x576 @ 25 fps
• 144-tap horizontal up and down filter
• 64-tap vertical up and down filter
• Letterbox conversion from 16:9 to 4:3, 3:2 pulldown
• Supports elementary, Program and Transport streams

The block diagramm also mentions "Program/TS/ES Demux".

vdr switched to TS as recording format, and I wonder if I really need to
implement a TS to PES conversion inside the pvr350-plugin. According to the
data sheet, the hardware should be able to play a TS.

I tried "cat 00001.ts > /dev/video16" , but it doesn't work.

Is there anything PES-specific inside the ivtv driver which coulld prevent
from playing TS?

Is it possible to implement the TS replay ability in the driver? (This was
done for example in the av7110 driver short time ago)

Does anybody have a Windows installation and could test if the windows driver
can play the following file **on the TV output**:
http://drseltsam.device.name/vdr/00001.ts
(I think playing it on the TV screen would not be an indicator for decoder
ability, as it uses software decoding)

Re: cx23415 decoder/PVR350: Playing TS ? [ In reply to ]
On Wednesday 27 May 2009 09:43:19 Martin Dauskardt wrote:
> The datasheet of the cx23415
> (http://digchip.com/datasheets/download_datasheet.php?id=244968&part-numb
>er=CX23415) says
>
> Video Decoding
> • Supports MPEG-2 and MPEG-1
> - 525/60 (NTSC) up to 720x480 @ 30 fps
> - 625/50 (PAL) up to 720x576 @ 25 fps
> • 144-tap horizontal up and down filter
> • 64-tap vertical up and down filter
> • Letterbox conversion from 16:9 to 4:3, 3:2 pulldown
> • Supports elementary, Program and Transport streams
>
> The block diagramm also mentions "Program/TS/ES Demux".
>
> vdr switched to TS as recording format, and I wonder if I really need to
> implement a TS to PES conversion inside the pvr350-plugin. According to
> the data sheet, the hardware should be able to play a TS.
>
> I tried "cat 00001.ts > /dev/video16" , but it doesn't work.
>
> Is there anything PES-specific inside the ivtv driver which coulld
> prevent from playing TS?

Not that I know of.

> Is it possible to implement the TS replay ability in the driver? (This
> was done for example in the av7110 driver short time ago)

It's pretty much a firmware feature over which we have basically no control.
You can try to find a really old decoder firmware and see if it works
there. I know they stripped the TS support from the encoder fw at some
time, they may have done the same for the decoder fw.

Regards,

Hans