Mailing List Archive

[PULL] http://www.linuxtv.org/hg/~hverkuil/v4l-dvb-rds
Hi Mauro,

Please pull from http://www.linuxtv.org/hg/~hverkuil/v4l-dvb-rds for the
following:

- saa6588: convert to v4l2-i2c-drv-legacy.h
- saa6588: convert to v4l2_subdev.
- saa6588: add g_chip_ident support.
- saa6588: remove legacy_class, not needed for saa6588
- cx2341x: fixed bug causing several audio controls to be no longer listed

Andy, the cx2341x change fixes the bug that Jeff Campbell found.

Mauro, with this saa6588 conversion all the modules that bttv uses now
implement v4l2_subdev. I'd forgotten about this one since bttv doesn't load
it explicitly, instead it assumes the user will modprobe it manually and
that autoprobing will let it find the bttv device.

This will no longer work with the new style i2c API, so when you convert
bttv you will have to load this driver explicitly for those boards that can
use it.

Thanks,

Hans

diffstat:
drivers/media/video/cx2341x.c | 2
drivers/media/video/saa6588.c | 257
On Fri, 2009-02-13 at 09:18 +0100, Hans Verkuil wrote:
> Hi Mauro,
>
> Please pull from http://www.linuxtv.org/hg/~hverkuil/v4l-dvb-rds for the
> following:
>
> - saa6588: convert to v4l2-i2c-drv-legacy.h
> - saa6588: convert to v4l2_subdev.
> - saa6588: add g_chip_ident support.
> - saa6588: remove legacy_class, not needed for saa6588
> - cx2341x: fixed bug causing several audio controls to be no longer listed
>
> Andy, the cx2341x change fixes the bug that Jeff Campbell found.

Hans,

Thanks for cleaning up the bug I injected. I had guessed tom myself
that the ordering may have been the problem, but I was too tired last
night to go hunt it down and verify.

Thanks,
Andy

On Fri, 13 Feb 2009 09:18:56 +0100
Hans Verkuil <hverkuil@xs4all.nl> wrote:

> Hi Mauro,
>
> Please pull from http://www.linuxtv.org/hg/~hverkuil/v4l-dvb-rds for the
> following:
>
> - saa6588: convert to v4l2-i2c-drv-legacy.h
> - saa6588: convert to v4l2_subdev.
> - saa6588: add g_chip_ident support.
> - saa6588: remove legacy_class, not needed for saa6588
> - cx2341x: fixed bug causing several audio controls to be no longer listed
Please, for now, at least document it to avoid other troubles. The better would
be to really fix it instead.

Cheers,
Mauro

On Friday 13 February 2009 14:34:31 Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:
> On Fri, 13 Feb 2009 09:18:56 +0100
>
> Hans Verkuil <hverkuil@xs4all.nl> wrote:
> > Hi Mauro,
> >
> > Please pull from http://www.linuxtv.org/hg/~hverkuil/v4l-dvb-rds for
> > the following:
> >
> > - saa6588: convert to v4l2-i2c-drv-legacy.h
> > - saa6588: convert to v4l2_subdev.
> > - saa6588: add g_chip_ident support.
> > - saa6588: remove legacy_class, not needed for saa6588
> > - cx2341x: fixed bug causing several audio controls to be no longer
> > listed
>
> Please, for now, at least document it to avoid other troubles. The better
> would be to really fix it instead.

I've added this change to the same v4l-dvb-rds tree:

- v4l2-common: add comments warning that about the sort order

The real fix will have to wait until the new framework is introduced
everywhere.

Regards,

Hans