Mailing List Archive

Re: ivtv-devel Digest, Vol 40, Issue 7
Jeff Bevis wrote:
> I'm really glad you provided samples, because that lets me know that
> we're talking about the same phenomenon. What I can say, with
> reasonable confidence, is that the audio in your file has undergone
> sampling at 32KHz somewhere during its life. I failed to mention before
> that the file itself has a sample rate of 48KHz! Therefore it should
> have measurable frequency components above 16KHz (if only due to noise
> in the analog domain).

I missed you mentioning that the second half also has the 16kHz
cutoff. When your system exhibits this problem, do you get the same
cutoff? Do "normal" recordings also show the cutoff? I uploaded one
of my normal recordings:

http://roonabeck.bellsofireland.com/file64.mpg

I'll poke around with v4l2-dbg dumps as suggested by Andy this
weekend. If there are any suggestions for places to insert debug
statements, let me know.

Noah