Mailing List Archive

Please test not loading the firmware twice
On Tue, 2008-12-02 at 14:58 -0500, Al McIntosh wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 2, 2008 at 2:44 PM, igloocentral hotmail
> <igloocentral@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I don't have a convenient S-Video source to test with. Do
> you notice the same symptoms on Composite (CVBS) inputs?
>

> I just tried composite and the symptoms are the same as
> s-video. video skips every few seconds, sometimes putting
> artifacts on the screen for a split second as it jumps
> forward. It sounds similar to the guy who posted about it
> skipping every 67 frames, although I haven't counted. I also
> have to use a set-top box so the HVR-1600's s-video/composite
> is the best option for me but the skips make it hard to watch
> for any length of time :)
>
> ATSC works great - but apartment buildings tend to frown on
> big antennas!
>
> Thanks again

Gents,

Could you please try the attached patch to the cx18 driver to not load
the firmware twice? Things to expect:

1. The first analog capture shouldn't have problems

2. If you unload and reload the cx18 driver, the digital TS will *not*
work until you unload and reload the cx18 driver *another* time

3. *Hopefully* your audio skips will disappear.

4. You will likely still need buffered playback, either with MythTV or
mplayer -cache blah blah blah...

Regards,
Andy