I need to add to allow me to choose this netfilter feature?

thanks
peng
Re: problem on iptables [ In reply to ]
You don't need any patch to put to work netfilter/iptables.

I'm pretty sure that is disabled in the kernel configuration.

Jorge.

On Tue, 4 Sep 2007 14:48:30 -0400
"Peng Yang" <pey204@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> In our current kernel, iptables doesn't work due to the error "can't
> initialize iptables table `filter'".
> I suspect that the netfilter is not turned on in the kernel.
> We download the v2.6.20.11 sourcecode and try to do a menuconfig but
> the networking packet filtering framework does not provide any option
> for us to select to turn on netfilter. Can anyone let me know what patch
>files
> I need to add to allow me to choose this netfilter feature?
>
> thanks
> peng

Jorge Isaac Davila Lopez
Nicaragua Open Source
+505 430 5462
davila@nicaraguaopensource.com
Re: problem on iptables [ In reply to ]
Hi Jorge,

How to turn on this configuration?
I am using kernel 2.6.20.11.
Do I need to recompile the kernel after turning on the configuration?

thanks,
Peng

Re: problem on iptables [ In reply to ]
Well, the option is in Network Configuration ... and yes, you need recompile
after ...

On Tue, 4 Sep 2007 15:45:01 -0400