Mailing List Archive

Forward port to openvpn client
Hi,

I want to forward port 3739 on my firewall (openvpn server) to an openvpn
client on port 3739.

This is my setup:

firewall:
external interface: eth2
external ip: 87.251.222.104
openvpn interface: tun0

openvpn client:
ip: 10.0.10.6

I can't figure out how to do the forward. I've tried everything I could find
on google and nothing seem to help. I can connect from the server to the
client on port 3739 so it's not a firewall issue on the client side. Someone
sugested that iptables might not be able to forward a port over an ipsec
interface.

Can someone tell me if what I'm trying to do is possible and if so, how?

/ Johan

Re: Forward port to openvpn client [ In reply to ]
Johan:

May you must ask in the openvpn mailing list.

Well, check this list:

1) You must have in your firewall an open path for the tcp traffic to the
port 3739.

2) Check the openvpn configuration files to see if the references to the
virtual addresses are ok

3) Check in your firewall if exists an open path to tun0 virtual interface.

Hope this helps,

Jorge Dávila.

On Tue, 14 Aug 2007 23:59:56 +0200
"Johan Öhrn" <johan_oern@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to forward port 3739 on my firewall (openvpn server) to an openvpn
>client on port 3739.
>
> This is my setup:
>
> firewall:
> external interface: eth2
> external ip: 87.251.222.104
> openvpn interface: tun0
>
> openvpn client:
> ip: 10.0.10.6
>
> I can't figure out how to do the forward. I've tried everything I could
>find on google and nothing seem to help. I can connect from the server to
>the client on port 3739 so it's not a firewall issue on the client side.
>Someone sugested that iptables might not be able to forward a port over an
>ipsec interface.
>
> Can someone tell me if what I'm trying to do is possible and if so, how?
>
> / Johan

Jorge Isaac Davila Lopez
Nicaragua Open Source
+505 430 5462