libipulog/libipulog.c:100:for each function it appears in.)
make: *** [libipulog/libipulog.o] Error 1

is it the version of make that I'm running? should I compile the
kernel first? any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Ned

Get your own FREE E-mail address at http://www.linuxfreemail.com
Linux FREE Mail is 100% FREE, 100% Linux, and 100% yours!
Re: cannot compile iptables-1.2.2 [ In reply to ]
On Fri, Aug 03, 2001 at 11:33:41PM -0700, blueshogun@linuxfreemail.com wrote:
> I downloaded iptables-1.2.2 and linux kernel 2.4.7. After unpacking them I cd'd to the iptables directory, and ran make pending patches fine, but then when I tried to run make, it spit out:
>
> libipulog/libipulog.c: In finction `ipulog_netlink_recvfrom':
> libipulog/libipulog.c:100: `MSG_TRUNC'undeclared (first us in this function)
> libipulog/libipulog.c:100:(Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
> libipulog/libipulog.c:100:for each function it appears in.)
> make: *** [libipulog/libipulog.o] Error 1
>
> is it the version of make that I'm running? should I compile the
> kernel first? any assistance would be appreciated.

Well I had this problem before and I thought it had been fixed (as I
was told about the CVS). The problem seems to be some constants are
missing in older GLIBC. So you might as well upgrade your distro
(which drive me in the direction of Debian), or try download from CVS.

--
Linux 2.4.7fw #2 Wed Aug 1 16:00:40 CST 2001 i586 unknown