Mailing List Archive

Pop and Auth
Hi All,

I've just installed my Linux FW and I face a problem with POP3 from my internat network to my mail server connected on the inet side of my FW for the moment.
I configured the firewall to accept POP3 and to reject Auth connections from the inet for security.
What I don't understand is that some of the users on my network have POP accounts on servers such as yahoo or so, and when they try to connect with POP those servers respond correctly whereas my mail server seems to be waiting for a timeout before allowing the POP connection.

Could this be a iptables configuration problem?
If it isn't, could someone give me a little hint to help me identifying the problem.

Thanks in advance,
Florent