Mailing List Archive

Port Forwarding to multiple IPs w/ TCP
Hi all,

From my understanding of TCP, you need two points to make a TCP
connection. Knowing in advance that only one IP will be up and running, I
thought this would work for me:

iptables -t nat -A PortFW -p tcp --dport 25631:25650 -j DNAT --to
192.168.1.168 --to 192.168.1.169

iptables had no problem with it, but it didn't seem to work. I have two
ethernet interfaces for my laptop and want to be able to use the same range
of ports for the machine regardless of its IP. If I force it to one IP, the
program works fine.

So, my question is, what kind of things are happening behind the scenes
when I try this? Does a SYN flagged packet go out to both IPs?

Thanx for any help.

- Aaron
___
Aaron D. Marasco