Mailing List Archive

iptables -L -n -v -x
Ok,

I run `iptables -L -n -v -x` and get:

Chain INPUT (policy DROP 3 packets, 309 bytes)
pkts bytes target prot opt in out
source destination
0 0 ACCEPT all -- lo *
0.0.0.0/0 0.0.0.0/0
0 0 ACCEPT all -- * *
10.0.0.132 0.0.0.0/0
1632 65317 ACCEPT all -- * *
0.0.0.0/0 0.0.0.0/0
0 0 ACCEPT all -- * *
192.168.0.0/16 0.0.0.0/0
15 2077 ACCEPT all -- * *
10.0.0.0/24 0.0.0.0/0

Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT 0 packets, 0 bytes)
pkts bytes target prot opt in out
source destination

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT 159316 packets, 14002540 bytes)
pkts bytes target prot opt in out
source destination

Now, I want to confirm some assumptions I made about the data displayed.

I am assuming that the 3 packets and 309 bytes displayed on the Chain
INPUT line is all the packets and bytes that was not caught buy one of
the rules in the chain. Is this true?

I am assuming the data displayed in front of each rule is for each rule.

I am assuming the behavior described above is for all the Chains.

Thanks,

schu
Re: iptables -L -n -v -x [ In reply to ]
On 25 Jul 01 at 8:27, Matthew Schumacher wrote:

> I want to confirm some assumptions I made about the data displayed.
>
> I am assuming that the 3 packets and 309 bytes displayed on the Chain
> INPUT line is all the packets and bytes that was not caught buy one of
> the rules in the chain. Is this true?
>
> I am assuming the data displayed in front of each rule is for each rule.
>
> I am assuming the behavior described above is for all the Chains.

I'd say Yes to all three.

Antony.