Mailing List Archive

Hook priority system - and questions on tables
Mr. Harald,

Sorry to bother you again, but it's been quite a while since you
were talking about fixing the conntrack/mangle priority system. Have
you done anything on it? If not, have you considered making it a TODO
item?
I also have another few questions which went unanswered - I asked them
when I released my mangleDhooks patch (defunct, unless these questions
are answered). My questions are:

1. Why is all that ipt_error and ipt_standard stuff redefined in each
iptable_* file, when instead you could simply put it all in
ip_tables.h
or ip6_tables.h and call it `struct initial_table'?

2. What do all those funky brace-and-comma-laden initialization sections
for that ipt_error and ipt_standard stuff do? As far as I can tell,
they serve no purpose. The only part of `initial_table' which does
anything is `struct ipt_replace repl'.

Thanks,

Brad