Mailing List Archive

[ADMINISTRATIVE] Mailinglist problems / delays
Hi!

A numerous group of people on the netfilter mailinglists have recently
reported problems with overly delayed emails from this list. It seems
like I have now found the problem: It was not the configuration of the
MTA (exim), but the TCP window tracking patch from patch-o-matic.

Since the system was rebooted using a kernel without tcp window tracking,
the size of the undelivered mail queue has decreased by 75%.

I am expecting that from now on, the overly delayed emails should stop,
at least starting with the weekend when the pending queue should be worked off.

If you still encounter problems starting next week, please don't hesitate
to send me emails with the exact headers/mails so I can try to debug the
problem.

Please note that I will be attending Linux-Kongress (www.linux-kongress.org)
next week, so I might not answer as fast as usually.

Sorry for the unconvenience, thanks for your interest in netfilter.

--
Live long and prosper
- Harald Welte / laforge@gnumonks.org http://www.gnumonks.org/