DBD::mysql' to run without errors because its looking for the install of
mysql with an include directory. Mysql is installed and running as I'm
running abunch of PHP stuff with it without problem. I've looked through
the drive and cannot find a mysql directory that has an include
directory. PLEASE HELP! IC 4.6.1 works great with default database, but
I want a sql server running the database for increased performance and
managebility. The DBI is installed and up-to-date. My config is RH Linux
7, Apache, MySQL 3.23, Perl 5.6
Does anyone know where mysql is installed by default in RH7 [ In reply to ]
Robert Trembath wrote:

> I know this sounds stupid, but I can't get: perl -MCPAN -e 'install
> DBD::mysql' to run without errors because its looking for the install of
> mysql with an include directory. Mysql is installed and running as I'm
> running abunch of PHP stuff with it without problem. I've looked through
> the drive and cannot find a mysql directory that has an include
> directory. PLEASE HELP! IC 4.6.1 works great with default database, but
> I want a sql server running the database for increased performance and
> managebility. The DBI is installed and up-to-date. My config is RH Linux
> 7, Apache, MySQL 3.23, Perl 5.6

It needs the mysql include and header files - as DBD::mysql is partly in
C for speed.

Is the mysql an RPM install ? If so try /usr/include as a default place
- if the mysql install was either by tar ball or by source look in
/usr/local (which you mya not have searched as it may not be in your
path)

Greg

Does anyone know where mysql is installed by default in RH7 [ In reply to ]
On Fri, Jan 19, 2001 at 07:04:50AM -0600, Robert Trembath wrote:
> I know this sounds stupid, but I can't get: perl -MCPAN -e 'install
> DBD::mysql' to run without errors because its looking for the install of
> mysql with an include directory. Mysql is installed and running as I'm
> running abunch of PHP stuff with it without problem. I've looked through
> the drive and cannot find a mysql directory that has an include
> directory. PLEASE HELP! IC 4.6.1 works great with default database, but
> I want a sql server running the database for increased performance and
> managebility. The DBI is installed and up-to-date. My config is RH Linux
> 7, Apache, MySQL 3.23, Perl 5.6

You need to make sure and download mysql-devel*.rpm. The -devel packages hold
all of the .h files needed by other programs sometimes need. You can get it at:

ftp://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/current/i386/en/RedHat/RPMS/mysql-devel-3.23.22-6.i386.rpm
Does anyone know where mysql is installed by default in RH7 [ In reply to ]
your could do
find / -name mysql*
:-}

Troy

> On Fri, Jan 19, 2001 at 07:04:50AM -0600, Robert Trembath wrote:
> > I know this sounds stupid, but I can't get: perl -MCPAN -e 'install
> > DBD::mysql' to run without errors because its looking for the install of
> > mysql with an include directory. Mysql is installed and running as I'm
> > running abunch of PHP stuff with it without problem. I've looked through
> > the drive and cannot find a mysql directory that has an include
> > directory. PLEASE HELP! IC 4.6.1 works great with default database, but
> > I want a sql server running the database for increased performance and
> > managebility. The DBI is installed and up-to-date. My config is RH Linux
> > 7, Apache, MySQL 3.23, Perl 5.6
>
> You need to make sure and download mysql-devel*.rpm. The -devel packages
hold
> all of the .h files needed by other programs sometimes need. You can get
it at:

ftp://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/current/i386/en/RedHat/RPMS/mysql-devel-3.23
.22-6.i386.rpm

---