Mailing List Archive

RobotLimit
Hello,

I was browsing through the Interchange documentation for a way to prevent bots from abusing our website and/or attempting to charge fraudulent cards through our payment gateway when I came across RobotLimit.

https://www.interchangecommerce.org/docs/confs/RobotLimit.html

It seems to me that this would be a way to lock someone out from accessing our website given that they try too many accesses within 30 seconds. However, I have a few questions regarding how RobotLimit is set up:

1. What counts as an access for RobotLimit? Any page access?

2. How would I set the time frame to be longer, say 60 seconds instead of 30? The docs refer to "Limit directive's lockout_reset_seconds", but I am not sure where this is set.

3. What is your RobotLimit set to? I'd like to set the RobotLimit properly so that it stops any bots from browsing our website, but don't want to interfere with real customers.

Thank you for your help.