Mailing List Archive

cannot use mariadb using Interchange
Greetings Ladies and Gentleman,
I could really use some assistance with my interchange.  I am using Nethserver 7 with perlbrew and perl 5.10.-1.  I upgraded to IC 5.10 from rpm installation from interchange-5.2.0-1.
I got an  DBM database running with IC 5.2.  However,  After I got DBD:Mysql installed I get error on creation of indexes of tables.  Nethserver uses mariadb-5.5.60.
[16/December/2018:20:30:18 -0600] cssstore - DBI: Post creation query 'CREATE  INDEX `tree`_`parent_fld` ON `tree` (`parent_fld`)' failed: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near '_`parent_fld` ON `tree` (`parent_fld`)' at line 1
- - - [16/December/2018:20:30:18 -0600] cssstore - DBI: Post creation query 'CREATE  INDEX `tree`_`mgroup` ON `tree` (`mgroup`)' failed: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near '_`mgroup` ON `tree` (`mgroup`)' at line 1
Interchange version

5.10.0
Server hostname

store.computersolutionsandservices.com
Interchange PID

29412
Interchange SUID User

interch (uid 52)
Server mode

INET and UNIX
Last time server restarted

Sun Dec 16 20:44:06 2018
Last time changes applied

Sun Dec 16 20:44:05 2018 (apply now)
Environment variables passed

MOD_PERL

Perl Version

Perl 5.10.1 (called with: /opt/perl5/perls/perl-5.10.1/bin/perl)
Optional Module Information

Archive::Tar found (v2.32).
LWP::Simple found (v6.36).
Archive::Zip found (v1.64).
MIME::Base64 found (v3.15).
Bundle::LWP not found. Certain parts of these modules (URI::URL and MIME::Base64) are required for Interchange's internal HTTP server. Also, Business::UPS, for calculating shipping, requires this.
Safe::Hole found (v0.14).
Business::UPS found (v2.01).
Set::Crontab found (v1.03).
Compress::Zlib found (v2.081).
Spreadsheet::ParseExcel found (v0.65).
Crypt::SSLeay found (v0.72).
Spreadsheet::WriteExcel found (v2.40).
DBI found (v1.642).
Storable found (v3.11).
Digest::MD5 found (v2.55).
Tie::ShadowHash found (v1.00).
Digest::SHA found (v6.02).
Tie::Watch not found. Minor: cannot set watch points in catalog.cfg.
Image::Size found (v3.3).
URI::URL found (v5.04).
Safe operations untrapped

ftfile sort rand

Database Interfaces

GDBM available (v1.09)
No Berkeley DB_File.
DBI enabled (v1.642), available drivers:
DBM
ExampleP
File
Gofer
Mem
Proxy
Sponge
mysql
Database Tables

2ndDayAir
gift_certs
products
Ground
ichelp
route
NextDayAir
inventory
state
access
locale
survey
affiliate
merchandising
transactions
area
mv_metadata
tree
cat
options
userdb
component
order_returns
variable
country
orderline
variants
forum
pricing

Re: cannot use mariadb using Interchange [ In reply to ]
> I could really use some assistance with my interchange. I am using Nethserver 7 with perlbrew and perl 5.10.-1. I upgraded to IC 5.10 from rpm installation from interchange-5.2.0-1.
>
> I got an DBM database running with IC 5.2. However, After I got DBD:Mysql installed I get error on creation of indexes of tables. Nethserver uses mariadb-5.5.60.
>
> [16/December/2018:20:30:18 -0600] cssstore - DBI: Post creation query 'CREATE INDEX `tree`_`parent_fld` ON `tree` (`parent_fld`)' failed: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near '_`parent_fld` ON `tree` (`parent_fld`)' at line 1

Hi,

It looks like the DBI->quote_identifier() function is returning values that MariaDB doesn’t know how to interpret. Which version of the DBD::mysql driver are you use?

You could try to work around it by turning off QUOTE_IDENTIFIERS; something like:

DatabaseDefault QUOTE_IDENTIFIERS 0

It is possible this will introduce its own set of issues if any of the column names in any of the tables clash with reserved words; if so, you could try to narrow the scope to just the tables you’re having problems with.

HTH,

David
--
David Christensen
End Point Corporation
Re: cannot use mariadb using Interchange [ In reply to ]

Re: cannot use mariadb using Interchange [ In reply to ]
On 18/12/18 03:56, David Christensen wrote:
>> I could really use some assistance with my interchange. I am using Nethserver 7 with perlbrew and perl 5.10.-1. I upgraded to IC 5.10 from rpm installation from interchange-5.2.0-1.
>>
>> I got an DBM database running with IC 5.2. However, After I got DBD:Mysql installed I get error on creation of indexes of tables. Nethserver uses mariadb-5.5.60.
>>
>> [16/December/2018:20:30:18 -0600] cssstore - DBI: Post creation query 'CREATE INDEX `tree`_`parent_fld` ON `tree` (`parent_fld`)' failed: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near '_`parent_fld` ON `tree` (`parent_fld`)' at line 1

You should upgrade to the latest version of IC from git, but you can fix
the issue by applying this patch:

https://github.com/interchange/interchange/commit/c15c57cf4b973ad0978daf634c373b066588dd00.patch

Peter
Re: cannot use mariadb using Interchange [ In reply to ]
On 18/12/18 13:01, Peter wrote:
> On 18/12/18 03:56, David Christensen wrote:
>>> I could really use some assistance with my interchange. I am using Nethserver 7 with perlbrew and perl 5.10.-1. I upgraded to IC 5.10 from rpm installation from interchange-5.2.0-1.
>>>
>>> I got an DBM database running with IC 5.2. However, After I got DBD:Mysql installed I get error on creation of indexes of tables. Nethserver uses mariadb-5.5.60.
>>>
>>> [16/December/2018:20:30:18 -0600] cssstore - DBI: Post creation query 'CREATE INDEX `tree`_`parent_fld` ON `tree` (`parent_fld`)' failed: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near '_`parent_fld` ON `tree` (`parent_fld`)' at line 1
>
> You should upgrade to the latest version of IC from git, but you can fix
> the issue by applying this patch:
>
> https://github.com/interchange/interchange/commit/c15c57cf4b973ad0978daf634c373b066588dd00.patch

...oh, and possibly this as well:

https://github.com/interchange/interchange/commit/86fbcb14c402efda89b2329b73270ae513715ddf.patch

Peter
Re: ?==?utf-8?q? cannot use mariadb using Interchange [ In reply to ]
Hi,

Thanks for your response. where sholud this be placed.

Re: ?==?utf-8?q? cannot use mariadb using Interchange [ In reply to ]
Hi,

I am using DBD::mysql 4.049.  I

Thanks for your help

[root@store ~]# cpan -l | grep DBD::mysql