Mailing List Archive

leave site script
Does anyone have a script for interchange to monitor when a user leaves the
page? I would like to pop up and ask if the visitor would fill out a survey.

Re: leave site script [ In reply to ]
> On Mar 9, 2016, at 2:33 PM, David Etheredge <David_e@charter.net> wrote:
>
> Does anyone have a script for interchange to monitor when a user leaves the page? I would like to pop up and ask if the visitor would fill out a survey.
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/8118722/how-to-show-pop-up-survey-with-jquery-when-leaving-page

Not an interchange thing but this should get you going.

-Billy Carr

Re: leave site script [ In reply to ]
On 10/03/16 08:33, David Etheredge wrote:
> Does anyone have a script for interchange to monitor when a user leaves
> the page? I would like to pop up and ask if the visitor would fill out a
> survey.

Setting aside the fact that it's extremely rude to try to block someone
from leaving your site, this ability (for security reasons) is extremely
limited in browsers. Modern browsers will basically limit you to
displaying a popup asking if you're sure you want to leave the site, and
the language of the popup is hard-coded by the browser.

Peter