Just about to experiment with IC 5.10 and strap.

I wondered if there is an easy way to set up a blank store - in effect just load the admin interface?

Thanks

Re: IC 5.10 blank store setup [ In reply to ]
On 03/06/2016 06:47 AM, root wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just about to experiment with IC 5.10 and strap.
>
> I wondered if there is an easy way to set up a blank store - in effect just load the admin interface?
>
> Thanks

I am not sure that it can be done, but it is not hard to delete the
products that are in the demo after setting it up.

IC 5.10 blank store setup [ In reply to ]
Hi Kerry,

>I am not sure that it can be done, but it is not hard to delete the
>products that are in the demo after setting it up.

It is not just the products it it all the store pages. I think the solution lies in the makecat command when it asks for DemoType?.

The comments allude to other possibilities:
# The type of demo catalog to use. The standard one distributed is:
#
# strap
#
# If you have defined your own custom template catalog,
# you can enter its name.
#
# If you are new to Interchange, use "strap" to start with.

So really my question is, I think, how do you go about defining your own custom template catalog?

In my case based on strap but cutting out everything except the admin interface and a blank index page to start from?

As an aside I think this feature to use custom templates is a real strength of IC that has not been fully exploited.

All the best

Mark

Re: IC 5.10 blank store setup [ In reply to ]
On Mon, Mar 7, 2016 at 12:38 AM, <dev2@adeux.net> wrote:

> So really my question is, I think, how do you go about defining your own custom template catalog?
>
> In my case based on strap but cutting out everything except the admin interface and a blank index page to start from?

Totally understand using IC for a non shopping site. Even better these
days as Strap makes it so easy to create a device friendly data
driven/portal type of site.

Strap just like Standard and Foundation templates before it has many
useful things in it i.e. Create account, Lost password, serios
ecommerce, as well as many examples of IC tags and how they are used.

Its all stuff that can be easily hidden though or deleted i.e. you
could just delete everything in the pages directory except for
index.html, delete all menu items and start building a site from
there.

Creating a custom template that can be used with makecat is a bit more
work however as a shortcut you can just customise your own vanilla IC
site based on Strap. Then copy your entire catalog and use it with
another domain/project etc after changing the DB and path variables
etc.