Mailing List Archive

More Alpha issue
I recently upgraded to 5.8.2 from 5.4.5 and I noticed that a page
using mv_more_alpha isn't working correctly.

The initial page does not show the alpha characters in the more list,
but if click "next" in the more list, then the list will be the alpha
characters.

I created a basic page to test it out:

[.query type=list
ml=10
more=1
ma=1
mc=3
rf="sku,description"
tf="description"
st="db"
sql=|
SELECT sku, description
FROM products
ORDER BY description

]
[more-list]
[/more-list]

[on-match]
[/on-match]

[list]
[/list]

[on-match]
[/on-match]
[/query]

Thanks -
Dan

Re: More Alpha issue [ In reply to ]
On Fri, Jan 8, 2016 at 5:46 AM, Dan Bergan <danbergan@gmail.com> wrote:
> I recently upgraded to 5.8.2 from 5.4.5 and I noticed that a page
> using mv_more_alpha isn't working correctly.
>
> The initial page does not show the alpha characters in the more list,
> but if click "next" in the more list, then the list will be the alpha
> characters.

Sorry no solution but FYI I played with this scenario in 5.8.2 install
and can report that the results are the same as you have outlined.

I tried testing with an older upgraded catalog and also a strap
catalog and also tweaked the query without luck.

First page is a typical more list, any other 'next' page displays the
alpha more list.

So no help but at least you know its not only your install. Haven't
tested in 5.10.0

Re: More Alpha issue [ In reply to ]
On 01/08/2016 06:57 AM, Gort IC wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 8, 2016 at 5:46 AM, Dan Bergan <danbergan@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I recently upgraded to 5.8.2 from 5.4.5 and I noticed that a page
>> using mv_more_alpha isn't working correctly.
>>
>> The initial page does not show the alpha characters in the more list,
>> but if click "next" in the more list, then the list will be the alpha
>> characters.
>
> Sorry no solution but FYI I played with this scenario in 5.8.2 install
> and can report that the results are the same as you have outlined.
>
> I tried testing with an older upgraded catalog and also a strap
> catalog and also tweaked the query without luck.
>
> First page is a typical more list, any other 'next' page displays the
> alpha more list.
>
> So no help but at least you know its not only your install. Haven't
> tested in 5.10.0

Hello,

I wrote the mv_more_alpha years ago, but I didn't run into this problem
yet. Although I have to admit that the code is far from perfect :-).

Can you please post the search parameters you are using here?

Regards
Racke

--
Perl and Dancer Development

Visit our Perl::Dancer conference 2015.
More information on https://www.perl.dance.

Re: More Alpha issue [ In reply to ]
On Fri, Jan 8, 2016 at 6:23 PM, Stefan Hornburg (Racke)
<racke@linuxia.de> wrote:
> On 01/08/2016 06:57 AM, Gort IC wrote:

> Can you please post the search parameters you are using here?

When I tested I started with the same tags and paramaters as Dan's in
the initial post of this thread.

I also tried adjusting parameters with examples from the docs, RTFM
site and mailing list suggestions mainly adjusting sort fields in the
query tag and sql query and testing the mc options.

Re: More Alpha issue [ In reply to ]
On Fri, Jan 8, 2016 at 1:57 AM, Gort IC <icgort33@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 8, 2016 at 6:23 PM, Stefan Hornburg (Racke)
> <racke@linuxia.de> wrote:
>> On 01/08/2016 06:57 AM, Gort IC wrote:
>
>> Can you please post the search parameters you are using here?
>
> When I tested I started with the same tags and paramaters as Dan's in
> the initial post of this thread.
>
> I also tried adjusting parameters with examples from the docs, RTFM
> site and mailing list suggestions mainly adjusting sort fields in the
> query tag and sql query and testing the mc options.

This was working fine in 5.4.5. I've been going through and trying to
diff 5.4.5 vs 5.8.2, but obviously there have been a lot of changes!
:-)

If anyone has any tips or ideas I would appreciate it!

Thanks -
Dan