Mailing List Archive

Encode::find_encoding error
I recently upgraded to 5.8.2, and I also added a new catalog based on Strap.

In my Strap catalog, I am getting this error when I reconfig:

testshop /cgi-bin/tesshop/admin/genconfig Safe: Undefined subroutine
&Encode::find_encoding called at /usr/lib/interchange/lib/Vend/File.pm line
243.

> my $cfn = $Variable->{MV_ORDER_COUNTER_FILE} ||
'etc/order.number';
> $Values->{new_order_number} = $Tag->file($cfn);
> $Values->{new_order_number} =~
s/.*\n([A-Za-z0-9]+).*$/$1/s;
> return;

My other catalogs are still running fine, and I'm not seeing anything
different with this order counter file. Does anyone have any ideas on what
might be going on?

Thanks -
Dan Bergan
Re: Encode::find_encoding error [ In reply to ]
> On Dec 2, 2015, at 9:17 AM, Dan Bergan <danbergan@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I recently upgraded to 5.8.2, and I also added a new catalog based on Strap.
>
> In my Strap catalog, I am getting this error when I reconfig:
>
> testshop /cgi-bin/tesshop/admin/genconfig Safe: Undefined subroutine &Encode::find_encoding called at /usr/lib/interchange/lib/Vend/File.pm line 243.
> >

> > my $cfn = $Variable->{MV_ORDER_COUNTER_FILE} || 'etc/order.number';
> > $Values->{new_order_number} = $Tag->file($cfn);
> > $Values->{new_order_number} =~ s/.*\n([A-Za-z0-9]+).*$/$1/s;
> > return;
>

> My other catalogs are still running fine, and I'm not seeing anything different with this order counter file. Does anyone have any ideas on what might be going on?
>
> Thanks -
> Dan Bergan

Hi Dan,

What version of perl are you running? This is related to the $Tag->file() call; different versions of perl have changed how encoding works with the Safe module, so this may need an additional patch to get working properly. I am going to be releasing a new Interchange version soon, so if I can reproduce the issue I’ll see about including that fix as well.

Best,

David

--
David Christensen
End Point Corporation

Re: Encode::find_encoding error [ In reply to ]
On Wed, Dec 2, 2015 at 8:46 AM, David Christensen <david@endpoint.com> wrote:

> What version of perl are you running? This is related to the $Tag->file() call; different versions of perl have changed how encoding works with the Safe module, so this may need an additional patch to get working properly. I am going to be releasing a new Interchange version soon, so if I can reproduce the issue I’ll see about including that fix as well.

I'm running perl 5.8.9 (unthreaded).

It does look like the Strap catalog has utf-8 defined, where my old
catalogs do not, so I see that is why I'm getting the error only on
one catalog. But, I would obviously like to get that working.

Thanks, David!

Dan

Re: Encode::find_encoding error [ In reply to ]
Quoting Dan Bergan (danbergan@gmail.com):
> On Wed, Dec 2, 2015 at 8:46 AM, David Christensen <david@endpoint.com> wrote:
> >

> > What version of perl are you running? This is related to the $Tag->file() call; different versions of perl have changed how encoding works with the Safe module, so this may need an additional patch to get working properly. I am going to be releasing a new Interchange version soon, so if I can reproduce the issue I’ll see about including that fix as well.
> >

> I'm running perl 5.8.9 (unthreaded).
>
> It does look like the Strap catalog has utf-8 defined, where my old
> catalogs do not, so I see that is why I'm getting the error only on
> one catalog. But, I would obviously like to get that working.

Dan, see this from the Strap README:

* There may be problems with UTF-8 and recent Perls. You can disable
UTF-8 by commenting 2 lines in catalog.cfg, under "Encoding". For
instance, this is a known issue with UTF-8 enabled:
https://github.com/interchange/interchange/issues/84
If disabling, set an environment variable of `MINIVEND_DISABLE_UTF8` to `1`

Those 2 lines are here:
https://github.com/interchange/interchange/blob/master/dist/strap/catalog.cfg#L36

You can try without those; restart and see if it works. If not, I would
also do:

export MINIVEND_DISABLE_UTF8=1

from your shell, and restart IC again and see if that does it. If so,
you can add that environment variable to your .bashrc for your IC user.

--
Josh Lavin
End Point Corporation