entered all the data correctly, clicked Finished, and had the same
result. I restarted the server ... same problem. At the suggestion of
another that I saw in the archives, I removed all the Credit Card code in
hopes that would eliminate the problem. It did not. I verified that my
OrderProfile is correct in the cfg file. My profiles.order file also seems
to be in order (pardon the pun) according to the tutorial. I would
appreciate any help someone could provide. Thanks!

das

Tutorial Problems (Similar to others mentioned) [ In reply to ]
Possible solution.

For whatever reason, the "pragma" in the profiles.order file don't appear
on the HTML version of the tutorial. Consequently, I didn't have __NAME__
and __END__ in my file. I noticed this when on a whim I decided to check
the pdf tutorial and see if there was a typo or something. I had to
restart the server, but it fixed the problem. You might consider fixing
that in the tut - it caused me hours of frustration.

Now if I could only figure out why I get the popular crypt() error :)

das

Tutorial Problems (Similar to others mentioned) [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 15 Jan 2001, das Monkey wrote:

> Possible solution.
>
> For whatever reason, the "pragma" in the profiles.order file don't appear
> on the HTML version of the tutorial. Consequently, I didn't have __NAME__
> and __END__ in my file. I noticed this when on a whim I decided to check
> the pdf tutorial and see if there was a typo or something. I had to
> restart the server, but it fixed the problem. You might consider fixing
> that in the tut - it caused me hours of frustration.

I apologize for the problems with both PDF and HTML documentation. There's
a new PDF up with the correct left brackets. Please download a new copy
before spending any more time on the tutorial.

The online HTML docs are fixed as well. The problem was that we are
serving the pages through Interchange and it actually interpolated
__NAME__ and __END__, which were nonexistent variables, and thus were
rendered as nothing. Thank you very much for finding that problem!

Jon