<INPUT TYPE=radio NAME=exempt VALUE="yes"> I am tax exempt

Is this correct?? thanks

Mat
Sales Tax [ In reply to ]
Quoting Mathew Jones (matt@booksellersolutions.com):
> Based on what I read in the archives, I just wanted to check my thinking was correct
> on this issue.
> To be able to have tax exemption I need to change the line
>
> Salestax state
>
> in my catalog.cfg to
>
> Salestax exempt state
>
> and add in salestax file:
>
> exempt 0.0
>
> then place a checkbox on the checkout page which contains
>
> <INPUT TYPE=radio NAME=exempt VALUE="" CHECKED> I am NOT tax exempt
> <INPUT TYPE=radio NAME=exempt VALUE="yes"> I am tax exempt
>
> Is this correct?? thanks

No, but you are almost there. I would put:

<INPUT TYPE=radio NAME=exempt VALUE="" CHECKED> I am NOT tax exempt
<INPUT TYPE=radio NAME=exempt VALUE="yes_exempt"> I am tax exempt

and

yes_exempt 0.0

At that point, it should work.

--
Akopia, Inc., 131 Willow Lane, Floor 2, Oxford, OH 45056
phone +1.513.523.7621 fax 7501 <heins@akopia.com>

I have a cop friend who thinks he ought be able to give a new ticket;
"too dumb for conditions".