<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_sort_field VALUE=category>
<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_search_field VALUE=title>
<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_search_field VALUE=Xactor>
<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_column_op VALUE=ne>
<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_column_op VALUE=rm>
<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_searchspec VALUE=1>
<INPUT MAXLENGTH=30 NAME=mv_searchspec type=text size=10>

regards Joe
Hello out there SEARCH PAGE MADNESS [ In reply to ]
Quoting fehler (fehler@usvideocenter.de):
> I have this small problem, I need to exclude certain items from this search,
> the field is called "Xclass", all items with a "b" in that field should not
> be listed on the results page.
> I,ve tried everything even the insane. Any ideas boys and girls ?
>

> <FORM ACTION="[area search]">
> <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_coordinate VALUE=1>
> <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_searchtype VALUE=db>
> <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_matchlimit VALUE=10>
> <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_sort_field VALUE=category>
> <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_search_field VALUE=title>
> <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_search_field VALUE=Xactor>

How can you exclude on a certain field if it isn't in the search spec?
Looks like the above two are swapped in order, and that you don't have
a "b" in the mv_searchspec value.

<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_coordinate VALUE=1>
<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_searchtype VALUE=db>
<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_matchlimit VALUE=10>
<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_sort_field VALUE=category>
<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_search_field VALUE=Xclass>
<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_search_field VALUE=Xactor>
<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_search_field VALUE=title>
<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_column_op VALUE=ne>
<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_column_op VALUE=eq>
<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_column_op VALUE=rm>
<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_searchspec VALUE=b>
<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_searchspec VALUE=1>
<INPUT MAXLENGTH=30 NAME=mv_searchspec type=text size=10>

would seem right....

I will put in my usual caution that using mixed-case field names is
not a good idea.....it could even be causing some of your troubles.

--
Akopia, Inc., 131 Willow Lane, Floor 2, Oxford, OH 45056
phone +1.513.523.7621 fax 7501 <heins@akopia.com>

I have a cop friend who thinks he ought be able to give a new ticket;
"too dumb for conditions".
Hello out there SEARCH PAGE MADNESS [ In reply to ]
Are you running sql on your back end (nothing personal implied)? or are
these text dbs?

If they're sql you could do your query via sql to select where according to
your parameters.

Hello out there SEARCH PAGE MADNESS [ In reply to ]
Thanks mike,
i just started using minivend therefore i have to asked a few more questions,
hope i don't bother the pros,

can you tell me how the "column_op" works in this search, it doesnt work right,
the Xclass( Will change that tonight, thanks) is a classification of articles,
some articles should not be listed, the Xclass field holds only one letter example a "b"
(a,b,c,d are the only options - and i have to figure out searches that specifically check on those letters)
,and all articles that have this "b" in their Xclass field should not be listed.

I hope am not to confusing here, my english isnt that good, hey i am from krautland

Hello out there SEARCH PAGE MADNESS [ In reply to ]
well am afraid im only using text dbs at the moment but the sql project is coming