Mailing List Archive

Is there a way to forcefully re-enable allow_external_password_cache under KDE
Hello,

is there a way to (re-)enable password storage and retrieval via secret
service under KDE?

The /allow_external_password_cache/ option was disabled in this ticket:
https://dev.gnupg.org/rPefb6de7fb2c15c1e31349b80fa7c8c1d4694c6cf

But for me it would be useful to override this setting, I'm not using
KWallet as my secret-service (I'm using KeePassXC), and are not affected
by the possible deadlock.
I thought about somehow changing the XDG_SESSION_DESKTOP env variable
that pinentry-gtk-2 sees, but I don't think I can do that (because
gpg-agent is launching pinentry?)

Currently I downgraded the pinentry version.
My problem is, that I  sign my git commits and now I have to write my
passphrase every time I commit.
(With version 1.2.1-3 it takes the passphrase out of my KeePass database)

Regards,
Mike