Mailing List Archive

Feature Request: 64-bit Windows Support for GnuPG
Dear GnuPG Developers,

I am writing to express my strong interest in a 64-bit version of GnuPG for
Windows. While I understand that currently only 32-bit systems (x86) are
officially supported, I believe adding 64-bit compatibility would be a
valuable improvement for many users.

Many modern Windows machines run 64-bit architectures, and having a native
64-bit version of GnuPG would allow users to take full advantage of their
system's capabilities. This could lead to improved performance, stability,
and memory usage when working with encryption tasks.

I noticed on your website that there is a mention of potentially working on
a 64-bit version in the future, but only if there is sufficient user
demand. I would like to add my voice to the request for this feature.

If there's anything I or other users can do to help with the development
process, such as testing or providing feedback, please don't hesitate to
let us know.

Sincerely,

zorion.
Re: Feature Request: 64-bit Windows Support for GnuPG [ In reply to ]
Hi!

and thanks for asking.

On Sun, 17 Mar 2024 11:29, pal said:

> I am writing to express my strong interest in a 64-bit version of GnuPG for
> Windows. While I understand that currently only 32-bit systems (x86) are
> officially supported, I believe adding 64-bit compatibility would be a
> valuable improvement for many users.

Sure. In particular servers are sometimes installed w/o 32 bit support.

GnuPG 2.6 will come as 64 bit Windows binary. A first beta is planned
for this sommer. See https://dev.gnupg.org/T6508 for the status.

Shalom-Salam,

Werner

--
The pioneers of a warless world are the youth that
refuse military service. - A. Einstein