Encryption/Decryption is working.

Generating signatures using command line. Is not working.

Authentication might work. I don't know. I have never used it.

The private key resides in my home directory.

The key is not corrupted.

I cannot generate signatures using TailsOS either.

The problem persists with ECC NIST P-521 KEYS as well.

The software is so unreliable it should not be released. In my opinion.
Re: Signing documents not working properly: [ In reply to ]
On Fri, Mar 08, 2024 at 04:11:44AM +0000, mr_shortchange via Gnupg-users wrote:
> gpg (GnuPG) 2.2.40
> libgcrypt 1.10.1 OS:
> Debian Bookworm KEY:
>
> 16.384 RSA KEY
>
> Encryption/Decryption is working.
>
> Generating signatures using command line. Is not working.
>
> Authentication might work. I don't know. I have never used it.
>
> The private key resides in my home directory.
>
> The key is not corrupted.
>
> I cannot generate signatures using TailsOS either.
>
> The problem persists with ECC NIST P-521 KEYS as well.
>
> The software is so unreliable it should not be released. In my opinion.

Unfortunately your second attempt is also not helpful.

Can you please show what you did and the error message(s) you got?
And explain what you expected.
It would also be helpful to see that the keys are there.

gpg --list-keys
gpg --list-secret-keys

or just list the one single key and its subkeys.

-H

--
Henning Follmann | hfollmann@itcfollmann.com