Dear Fellows!
Importing my private key is flawless but signing is faulty. May I ask for your help?

Sent with [Proton Mail](https://proton.me/) secure email.
Re: Clearsign [ In reply to ]
On 7/3/24 03:31, mr_shortchange via Gnupg-users wrote:
> Dear Fellows!
> Importing my private key is flawless but signing is faulty. May I ask for your help?

Okay, a big tip… don't ask to ask, just ask.

All we know is you have a problem with generating signatures, and
apparently your key is "flawless" (whatever that means).

We don't know what version of GnuPG you're running (or even if you are
using GnuPG at all).

We don't know what OS you're running it with.

We don't know what type of private key you're using (e.g. RSA, ED25519,
etc).

We don't know where the private key resides. (is it in your home
directory key chain, is it on a security token?)

We don't know if other operations such as encryption or authentication work.

We don't know whether you're generating signatures on the command line,
or through some front-end application.

I might wear a pointy hat, but I'm no wizard, and I lost my crystal ball
in the 2011 Brisbane floods. (It was defective anyway, otherwise I'd
have known the floods were coming.)

If you don't want to tell us these things, then that's fine, but you're
on your own to troubleshoot the issue as we have nothing to go on,
because clear-signing is working fine here.
--
Stuart Longland (aka Redhatter, VK4MSL)

I haven't lost my mind...
...it's backed up on a tape somewhere.

Re: Clearsign [ In reply to ]
On 8/3/24 01:24, mr_shortchange wrote:
> It's very kind of you. I try to answer your questions down below.
> Please help me. Thank you.

> To: Stuart Longland <stuartl@longlandclan.id.au>
> From: mr_shortchange <mr_shortchange@proton.me>

You forgot to include the list.

To or CC should include: gnupg-users@gnupg.org

Using "Reply All" should fix that.

I'm no expert, so cannot assist you personally.