Mailing List Archive

How to get a pubkey with WKD (Re: Incompatible secret key format between 2.4.4 and 2.2.27?)
Am Donnerstag 15 Februar 2024 10:45:53 schrieb Werner Koch:
> The following will get his pubkey by WKD on the command line:
> >  gpg  --locate-keys --auto-key-locate clear,nodefault,wkd wk@gnupg.org
>
> FWIW,
>
>   gpg --locate-external-key wk@gnupg.org
>
> is much easier that the abvove long list of options.

FWIW

But it does not get the current version of the pubkey in some circumstances.
And the long version works in a few more elder GnuPG versions. ;)

Bernhard

--
https://intevation.de/~bernhard   +49 541 33 508 3-3
Geschäftsführer: Frank Koormann, Bernhard Reiter
Re: How to get a pubkey with WKD (Re: Incompatible secret key format between 2.4.4 and 2.2.27?) [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 15 Feb 2024 11:48, Bernhard Reiter said:

> But it does not get the current version of the pubkey in some circumstances.

Example? I am not zware of it.

> And the long version works in a few more elder GnuPG versions. ;)

Since 2.2.17 from summer 2019 - 5 years passed since then with a couple
of CVEs.

Shalom-Salam,

Werner

--
The pioneers of a warless world are the youth that
refuse military service. - A. Einstein
Re: How to get a pubkey with WKD [ In reply to ]
Am Donnerstag 15 Februar 2024 15:35:11 schrieb Werner Koch via Gnupg-users:
> On Thu, 15 Feb 2024 11:48, Bernhard Reiter said:
> > But it does not get the current version of the pubkey in some
> > circumstances.
>
> Example?  I am not zware of it.

Testing with
2.4.4 and 2.2.34
gpg --locate-external-keys bernhard@intevation.de
got me my pubkey in all cases. So you are correct, it works
for those version.

For Debian GNU/Linux oldstable, it still is 2.2.27, though
and 2.2.19 for Ubuntu GNU/Linux 20.04LTS.

Re: How to get a pubkey with WKD [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 22 Feb 2024 15:37, Bernhard Reiter said:

> For Debian GNU/Linux oldstable, it still is 2.2.27, though
> and 2.2.19 for Ubuntu GNU/Linux 20.04LTS.

--locate-external-keys was introduced with 2.2.17.

Shalom-Salam,

Werner