Mailing List Archive

Mastodon account: hosting a server
Am Samstag 03 Dezember 2022 14:55:03 schrieb Henning Follmann:
> Well, in general I might volunteer some resources.

Thanks to you and to the other for offering help with running a server.
(Also for suggesting server for an account, this will still take me few days
until I get to it.)

About running a server just for GnuPG, I agree with what Michael wrote:
| It's the promises about moderation and other softer human resources
| that seem to really be the limit for running Mastodon instances.

(back to Henning)
> However I work mostly on the AWS cloud here in the US.
> I heard some resentments against the instance being located in the US.

I'd stated a preferred location in Europe mostly because this is a legal
space that I (and many members of the Verein) are most familiar with.
To me GnuPG and OpenPGP is about friendly global collaboration for those that
care about privacy.

Regards
Bernhard
--
https://intevation.de/~bernhard ? +49 541 33 508 3-3
Intevation GmbH, Osnabr?ck, DE; Amtsgericht Osnabr?ck, HRB 18998