PGP: 2048/BEDC92A1 5D 71 64 79 6C EA 7D 51 4E E7 37 CE 4F 1A 39 26
GPG: 1024D/7825D431 1FBD 4D68 6450 C390 CA04 E4EE 3908 77E1 7825 D431
Wake up and piss, the world is on fire!
Re: No secret key [ In reply to ]
Hi,

First of all: The usual procedure when asking for advice is to tell us which
gpg version you are using. And on which operation system.
But it seems likely that in this case the info is not necessary.

> I received this message when using --clear-sign.
> gpg: no default secret key: No secret key
> gpg: clear-sign dialed: No secret key

Please always post complete gpg comand lines and the corresponding output -
you can of course obfuscate names and other personal info.

I assume you have entered something like:

gpg --clear-sign test.txt

without specifiying the key to use on the command line and no default key
defined in you gpg.conf.

The gpg man page describes how to specify that key:

--clearsign
Make a cleartext signature. The content in a cleartext sig?
nature is readable without any special software. OpenPGP
software is only needed to verify the signature. cleartext
signatures may modify end-of-line whitespace for platform in?
dependence and are not intended to be reversible. The sign?
ing key is chosen by default or can be set explicitly using
the --local-user and --default-key options

Therefore, If you did not set a default key in your gpg.conf, you have to
provide the key to use on the command line as described.

Regards

Eva