gpg --card-status

Otherwise, I get an error message:

$ gpg --faked-system-time 20200101T000000 -d world.gpg
gpg: WARNING: running with faked system time: 2020-01-01 00:00:00
gpg: encrypted with 4096-bit RSA key, ID 04FDF78D1679DD94, created
2016-12-17
"Felix E. Klee <felix.klee@inka.de>"
gpg: public key decryption failed: Invalid ID
gpg: decryption failed: No secret key

Note that I have to run with faked system time since I cannot extend the
validity of my key. Anyhow, even without faking the time, I get the
error message.

*Any idea how to get `gpg` back to normal?*

Re: Decrypting fails unless card status [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 15 Dec 2020 11:13, Felix E. Klee said:

> *Any idea how to get `gpg` back to normal?*

Update to GnuPG 2.2.25
(See the comments at https://dev.gnupg.org/T5052)

Shalom-Salam,

Werner

Re: Decrypting fails unless card status [ In reply to ]
Hi

On Tuesday 15 December 2020 at 3:13:05 AM, in
<mid:CA+m_8J0Un4mYP-0g__TNj0sUH4_VMTnDTysXppHHb5OMhy3YVw@mail.gmail.com>,
Felix E. Klee wrote:-

> Note that I have to run with faked system time since
> I cannot extend the
> validity of my key.

Is that a consequence of using a card?

--
Best regards

MFPA <mailto:2017-r3sgs86x8e-lists-groups@riseup.net>

Truth is what remains when all illusions have been stripped away.
Re: Decrypting fails unless card status [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 15 Dec 2020 at 19:45, MFPA
<2017-r3sgs86x8e-lists-groups@riseup.net> wrote:
> Is that a consequence of using a card?

No. I do have an accessible private key, but it’s more than 9,000 km
away, and traveling is not so easy these days.

Re: Decrypting fails unless card status [ In reply to ]
Hi

On Tuesday 15 December 2020 at 12:49:26 PM, in
<mid:CA+m_8J05PKx2Rb1i_P8DiiZdoeLrNjq33C3wFFF-aEsfvg2i3g@mail.gmail.com>,
Felix E. Klee wrote:-

> No. I do have an accessible private key, but it’s
> more than 9,000 km
> away, and traveling is not so easy these days.

So not really that accessible (-;

--
Best regards

MFPA <mailto:2017-r3sgs86x8e-lists-groups@riseup.net>

Colourless green ideas sleep furiously (Noam Chomsky)