GBs).

I have tested that encryption can be sped up by disabling compression
but that would increase storage usage. (or using another algorithm, but
ZLIB and ZIP are both CPU bottlenecked).

Thanks,
Karmanyaah Malhotra
--
Contact me at https://karmanyaah.malhotra.cc/contact/
Re: Changing compression configuration [ In reply to ]
On Sat, 28 Nov 2020 01:00, Karmanyaah Malhotra said:

> instead of just regular bzip2 when compressing files. I'm not sure if

bzip2 is part of the OpenPGP specs and it is very unlikely that we will
ever add another compression algo. In fact adding bzip2 was already a
bad idea.

> compression could be multi-threaded since using one thread is the

Adding this to GnuPG would be too hard. You better use an external
program for compressing the data

cat foo | bzip2 | gpg -z0 -e >foo.bz2.gpg

gpg -d <foo.bz2.gpg | bunzip2 >foo

this has more flexibility and the OS (and bzip2 er al) take care of
multi-threading.

Shalom-Salam,

Werner

Re: Changing compression configuration [ In reply to ]
> Adding this to GnuPG would be too hard. You better use an external
> program for compressing the data
> cat foo | bzip2 | gpg -z0 -e >foo.bz2.gpg
> gpg -d <foo.bz2.gpg | bunzip2 >foo

Got it, thanks.

--
Karmanyaah Malhotra