Mailing List Archive

gnupg 1.0.3 RSA problems...
I have recently installed gpg 1.0.3 on an HPUX 10.20 machine in hopes of
being able to use it for RSA encryption/decryption. However, I am running
into some problems. Here is the scenario:

I generate RSA key "KeyA" with PGP 6.5.2.
I import "KeyA" in to my GPG 1.0.3 keyring successfully.
Using PGP 6.5.2 and KeyA, I encrypt FileA resulting in file FileA.pgp
When I try to decrypt this file using GPG 1.0.3, I receive the following
errors:

gpg: protection algorithm 1 is not supported
gpg: encrypted with 1024-bit RSA key, ID 6F753D41, created 2000-10-11
"KeyA"
gpg: public key decryption failed: unknown cipher algorithm
gpg: decryption failed: secret key not available

I then took this a step further doing to encryption and decryption both with
GPG 1.0.3 thinking that this would surely work. However, I was wrong and
received the exact same error message. I am guessing the
compilation/linking is bad.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Please CC me at kphillips@eatel.com <mailto:kphillips@eatel.com> since I am
not yet subscribed to this list.

Thanks-
Kevin

Re: gnupg 1.0.3 RSA problems... [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 12 Oct 2000, Kevin Phillips wrote:

> gpg: protection algorithm 1 is not supported

This is the IDE algorithm used to protect the secret key. Removed
the passphrase using PGP and set the passphrase again using gpg.

IIRC, there is something about it in the FAQ.

Werner

--
Werner Koch GnuPG key: 621CC013
OpenIT GmbH http://www.OpenIT.de