Mailing List Archive

GnuPG + Mozilla

Re: GnuPG + Mozilla [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 12 Oct 2000, Brian M. Hunt wrote:

> I would like to know who has interest in GnuPG & Mozilla. I am aware of
> the licensing scheme (and of ways around it). In particular I am looking

I have a M17 here which is able to encrypt,decrypt,verify and sign
using GnuPG. The missing part is the selection of the key -
currently I use a hardwired key for this.

I can make a patch available but it is pre-alpha. IIRC yoy have to
use Send-Later to encrypt-and sign. Verifing signatures works fine
and together with the upcoming gpg-agent decrypting should also work
fine.

Werner

--
Werner Koch GnuPG key: 621CC013
OpenIT GmbH http://www.OpenIT.de

Re: GnuPG + Mozilla [ In reply to ]
Hi,

the patches against M17 are available at

ftp://ftp.openit.de/devel/mozilla/m17-gpg-2000-09-28.diff.gz (57k)

they are against the CVS version from Sep 28th and might or might
not work. IIRC, you have to hit SendLater and the message will be
encrypted to Lima and Mike (Demo keys from GnuPG). Please removed
the passphrase from these secret keys first.

There are 2 check boxes in the preferences to enable encryption.

No user Interface however and ugly attachments are displayed.

Ciao,

Werner

Re: GnuPG + Mozilla [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 13 Oct 2000, sen_ml@eccosys.com wrote:

> are there any plans to make the browser be able to verify pages (or
> piecse of pages)?

Do you know of a protocol to do this?

Werner

Re: GnuPG + Mozilla [ In reply to ]
Hello list

On Fri, Oct 13, 2000 at 01:28:04PM +0200, Werner Koch wrote:
> > are there any plans to make the browser be able to verify pages (or
> > piecse of pages)?
> Do you know of a protocol to do this?
I didn't follow the thread but if your talking about gpg signed html pages
a simple browser plugin or access to a "libgnupg" by a browser would be enough.
As multiparted MIME messages are already standard in HTTP I can see no
problem here.

You should propose this to the mozilla guys, it would surely be cool to have
(in a browser invisible) signed (but in opposite to SSL/TLS not encrypted and
not session dependant) HTML pages like e.g. news tickers or such.

> Werner
bye,

-christian-

--
Christian Hammers WESTEND GmbH - Aachen und Dueren Tel 0241/701333-0
ch@westend.com Internet & Security for Professionals Fax 0241/911879

Re: GnuPG + Mozilla [ In reply to ]
Werner Koch wrote:

> Do you know of a protocol to [verify signatures on parts of web
> pages]?

There's always XML-DSIG. You could do that with XHTML if not easily
with earlier versions.

--
Pete