Mailing List Archive

GnuPG 1.0.3 configure warning.
As a first stage of updating to the latest stable version og GnuPG, I
downloaded the tar.gz file and ran the configure command on the untarred
file.

The script ran successfully to completion with just one warning. The
warning said:

It seems that the faqprog.pl program is not installed. ***Unless you
do not change the source of the FAQ it is not required***. The working
version of the utility should be available at.....

The flagged sentence contains too many negatives for me to understand
what it is saying. If the original text is in German, I would welcome
seeing the German version on the offchance that I can manage to
understand that.

Also, I took the advice and downloaded the missing file. However, I
still need to be told what to do with the downloaded faqprog.pl
file before venturing to the next stage of the GnuPG update.

I thank in advance anyone who is good enough to reply.

Felix Karpfen
--

Felix Karpfen
felkarp@pcug.org.au

Re: GnuPG 1.0.3 configure warning. [ In reply to ]
Hi,

(regarding a configure warning)

>>>"FK" == Felix Karpfen <felkarp@pcug.org.au> writes:

FK> It seems that the faqprog.pl program is not installed. ***Unless you
FK> do not change the source of the FAQ it is not required***. The working
^^^^^^

These words should be removed. Then it would be correct and
understandable :-)

FK> version of the utility should be available at.....

FK> The flagged sentence contains too many negatives for me to understand
FK> what it is saying. If the original text is in German, I would welcome
FK> seeing the German version on the offchance that I can manage to
FK> understand that.

It means you don't need faqprog.pl unless you actually change the source
of the FAQ. But that should only be done by one of the maintainers ...

FK> Also, I took the advice and downloaded the missing file. However, I

Don't. You don't need it. Ignore the warning.

FK> still need to be told what to do with the downloaded faqprog.pl
FK> file before venturing to the next stage of the GnuPG update.

As most likely only Werner and me will be updating the FAQ, we should
change/omit this configure warning as it seems to confuse users.

Regards, Nils
--
Nils Ellmenreich - Fakultaet fuer Math./Informatik - Nils @
http://www.fmi.uni-passau.de/~nils - Univ. Passau - Uni-Passau.DE