PS: please CC me, I am not on the list.

Thanks!

Eugene

Re: GNU for win32 [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 22 Sep 2000, Eugene wrote:

> Just a quick Q. A while back (a year or so ago) it was mentioned in the
> readme file that win32 version of GPG was nto to be considered secure
> because its entropy generator was a bit ify. Now I can find no mention of

The random stuff has been rewritten is is now basically the same
code as the one from Peter Gutmann's Cryptlib (Kudos to Peter for
putting this part under the GPL) and we have done a lot of testing
with different CPUs and MS OSes. There is no prove but I believe
that the RNG for Windows is now okay.

Ciao,

Werner

--