freuen.

mit freundlichen Grüßern,

Kilian
Re: GnuPG-Informationen [ In reply to ]
Mirko Kilian wrote:

> Mirko Kilian
> mki@sbk-ks.de
>
> Meine Frage bezieht sich auf die Anwendung von GnuPG,
>
> ist es möglich, diese Encrypt-Software per Lizenz mit anderer Software
> zu vertreiben, wenn ja, unter welchen Voraussetzungen und verbunden mit
> welchen Kosten und Aufwand.
>
> Über eine Rückmeldung oder weiterführende Informationen würde ich mich
> freuen.

<snip>

read the file COPYING in the top-level directoy of the source code
distribution. It contains the text of the GPL and I assume that no-one
will ever grant you another licence of this piece of fine sw.*

Marc

* obvious exceptions excluded.

--
Marc Mutz <Marc@Mutz.com> http://marc.mutz.com/Encryption-HOWTO/
University of Bielefeld, Dep. of Mathematics / Dep. of Physics

PGP-keyID's: 0xd46ce9ab (RSA), 0x7ae55b9e (DSS/DH)
Re: GnuPG-Informationen [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 18 Jul 2000, Marc Mutz wrote:

> Mirko Kilian wrote:
> > ist es möglich, diese Encrypt-Software per Lizenz mit anderer Software
> > zu vertreiben, wenn ja, unter welchen Voraussetzungen und verbunden mit

> read the file COPYING in the top-level directoy of the source code
> distribution. It contains the text of the GPL and I assume that no-one
> will ever grant you another licence of this piece of fine sw.*

That is not true. Although I don't like it, there is no legal problem
to distribute GPLed software along with other software as long as you
adhere to the conditions. The main points are: You have to
distibute the source along with a binary version, any changes are also
subject to the GPL and you can't link GPLed software to proprietary
software (and even some under some free licenses). If a GPLed
software runs as it's own process, then in general there is no problem.

Werner

--
Werner Koch OpenPGP key 621CC013
OpenIT GmbH http://www.OpenIT.de