Mailing List Archive

How to change the install dir?
Hello,

How do I change the default install dir for GnuPG?

Thank You.

--
Craig
Re: How to change the install dir? [ In reply to ]
Hi,

On Thu, 29 Jun 2000, Craig Druber wrote:

> How do I change the default install dir for GnuPG?

when you're in the GnuPG source directory:

./configure --prefix=/path/to/your/directory

for example

./configure --prefix=$HOME

will configure GnuPG to be installed in the directories $HOME/bin,
$HOME/lib, $HOME/man and $HOME/share. For more options

./configure --help

is also a good idea. Be sure to read the files README and INSTALL in the
GnuPG source directory...

Regards,

Peter

--
Peter Neuhaus OpenPGP key CCC53782
OpenIT GmbH tel +49 211 239577-0
Re: How to change the install dir? [ In reply to ]
Hello,

I am having my site hosted on pair.com.
I have a Webmaster account which gives me access to Telnet & to
install stuff.

Is there any sort of way to install it ONLY in my home directory?
They don't have GNUPG installed on their system.
Is there any precompiled files for the FreeBSD/Unix platform?

Please guide me through it. I am pulling my hair out!

Thanks a lot.

--
Best Regards,
Craig
Re: How to change the install dir? [ In reply to ]