Mailing List Archive

Dirmngr translation improvements
Please install the attached corrections of the German translation of
dirmngr (0.9.3).
Re: Dirmngr translation improvements [ In reply to ]
On Tuesday, 1. November 2005 22:14, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Please install the attached corrections of the German translation of
> dirmngr (0.9.3).

Just like last time, I strongly dispute that "gecacht" is any more german than
"gecachet".

--
,_, | Michael Nottebrock | lofi@freebsd.org
(/^ ^\) | FreeBSD - The Power to Serve | http://www.freebsd.org
Re: Dirmngr translation improvements [ In reply to ]
On Wednesday, 2. November 2005 00:43, Michael Nottebrock wrote:
> On Tuesday, 1. November 2005 22:14, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> > Please install the attached corrections of the German translation of
> > dirmngr (0.9.3).
>
> Just like last time, I strongly dispute that "gecacht" is any more german
> than "gecachet".

Also, the supposedly corrected string "Bitte vergewissern Sie sich das der
\"dirmngr\" richtig installiert ist\n" still lacks a comma and s/das/dass.

Re: Dirmngr translation improvements [ In reply to ]
Michael Nottebrock wrote:
> On Tuesday, 1. November 2005 22:14, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> > Please install the attached corrections of the German translation
> > of dirmngr (0.9.3).
>
> Just like last time, I strongly dispute that "gecacht" is any more
> german than "gecachet".

I should add that all of this wasn't my idea but a bug submitted for the
Debian package. Nevertheless, the Google count favors "gecacht" by a
landslide.

Re: Dirmngr translation improvements [ In reply to ]
On Wednesday, 2. November 2005 01:03, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Michael Nottebrock wrote:
> > On Tuesday, 1. November 2005 22:14, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> > > Please install the attached corrections of the German translation
> > > of dirmngr (0.9.3).
> >
> > Just like last time, I strongly dispute that "gecacht" is any more
> > german than "gecachet".
>
> I should add that all of this wasn't my idea but a bug submitted for the
> Debian package. Nevertheless, the Google count favors "gecacht" by a
> landslide.

My dictionary favours "zwischengespeichert" or "gepuffert". Cachen isn't a
word (yet).

Re: Dirmngr translation improvements [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 2 Nov 2005 02:44:43 +0100, Michael Nottebrock said:

> My dictionary favours "zwischengespeichert" or "gepuffert". Cachen isn't a
> word (yet).

The glossar used by GnuPG suggested the same, I therefore translated
cache to Zwischenspeicher. Also applied Peter's changes.

Thanks,

Werner

Re: Dirmngr translation improvements [ In reply to ]
On Wed, Nov 02, 2005 at 01:03:00AM +0100, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Michael Nottebrock wrote:
> > On Tuesday, 1. November 2005 22:14, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> > > Please install the attached corrections of the German translation
> > > of dirmngr (0.9.3).

Thanks for submitting.
Note that creating an entry (and in this case assing it to Werner)
in the following tracker
will make sure this is not forgotten.
https://intevation.de/roundup/aegypten/

> > Just like last time, I strongly dispute that "gecacht" is any more
> > german than "gecachet".

I personally also favor "zwischengespeichert".
Bernhard
Re: Dirmngr translation improvements [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 2 Nov 2005 00:47:37 +0100, Michael Nottebrock said:

> Also, the supposedly corrected string "Bitte vergewissern Sie sich das der
> \"dirmngr\" richtig installiert ist\n" still lacks a comma and s/das/dass.

Right, but this string is not anymore used.

Salam-Shalom,

Werner