Mailing List Archive

Multi-threading GPGME
I'm using GPGME inside of a Qt application I am writing and I was wondering
how I can make the library enable multi threaded so it does not freeze the
interface. I am compiling with -pthread, yet nothing. Could somebody advise
me on this?

Happy hacking,
Martin
Re: Multi-threading GPGME [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Jan 02, 2003 at 09:31:03PM +0000, Martin Galpin wrote:
> I'm using GPGME inside of a Qt application I am writing and I was wondering
> how I can make the library enable multi threaded so it does not freeze the
> interface. I am compiling with -pthread, yet nothing. Could somebody advise
> me on this?

Please read the following sections in the manual:

* Multi Threading:: How GPGME can be used in an MT environment.

* Using External Event Loops:: Advanced control over what happens when.

Using External Event Loops

* I/O Callback Interface:: How I/O callbacks are registered.
* Registering I/O Callbacks:: How to use I/O callbacks for a context.
* I/O Callback Example:: An example how to use I/O callbacks.
* I/O Callback Example GTK+:: How to integrate @acronym{GPGME} in GTK+.
* I/O Callback Example GDK:: How to integrate @acronym{GPGME} in GDK.

Thanks,
Marcus

--
`Rhubarb is no Egyptian god.' GNU http://www.gnu.org marcus@gnu.org
Marcus Brinkmann The Hurd http://www.gnu.org/software/hurd/
Re: Multi-threading GPGME [ In reply to ]
Hi Marcus!

On Thursday 02 January 2003 22:45, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:
<snip>
> Please read the following sections in the manual:
>
> * Multi Threading:: How GPGME can be used in an MT
> environment.
>
> * Using External Event Loops:: Advanced control over what happens
> when.
<snip>

Would you like to accept the attached patch to gpgme.texi that shows how
to integrate gpgme with Qt's event loop?

Marc

--
The [Sonny Bono Copyright Term Extension Act] expands copyright not
only for future, but also for existing works, even though their
Re: Multi-threading GPGME [ In reply to ]
At Fri, 3 Jan 2003 14:21:48 +0100,
Marc Mutz wrote:
> Would you like to accept the attached patch to gpgme.texi that shows how
> to integrate gpgme with Qt's event loop?

Applied, thanks for that (uh, and sorry for the delay I guess :).

Marcus