Mailing List Archive

window minimization bug
Dear all,

there is a minimization bug in gpa.
I use gnome and any dialog is coming up at a minimal size.
Appearantly this comes from the line
gdk_window_move_resize (widget->window, x, y, 0, 0);
in
gpa_widget_set_centered()

I am confused why this function exists anyway, because my window
manager configuration is now overwritten and the windows don't appear
where I am used to think they do.

In
gpa_widget_show()
there is a comment about a work around, but I am not sure which
part of the code is the work around. Any hint?

This:
gdk_window_move_resize (widget->window, x, y, w, h);
would help a bit, but there is the remaining problem of
overwriting the window manager.

To my mind the function
gpa_widget_set_centered()
should eliminated to give back window positioning control to the window
manager. Are there any known problems with this for some window
managers?

Cheers

Jan

--
Jan-Oliver Wagner http://intevation.de/~jan/

Intevation GmbH http://intevation.de/
FreeGIS http://freegis.org/
Re: window minimization bug [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 23 Jun 2000, Jan-Oliver Wagner wrote:

> there is a minimization bug in gpa.
> I use gnome and any dialog is coming up at a minimal size.

Yeah, I know about this but I didn't checked why it happens.

> there is a comment about a work around, but I am not sure which
> part of the code is the work around. Any hint?

It is just a kludge which used to work for me (Sawmill) but it doesn't
center the window anymore.

> To my mind the function
> gpa_widget_set_centered()
> should eliminated to give back window positioning control to the window

It is used as the name implies. Without this the windows is
moved to an arbitrary position and not easy to spot out.

Werner

--
Werner Koch OpenPGP key 621CC013
OpenIT GmbH tel +49 211 239577-0