Mailing List Archive

Path hardcoded
On Tue, May 23, 2000 at 02:48:46PM +0200, Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> On the other hand I cannot get gpa-0.3.0 to do anything useful
> under debian/i586. It tells me gnupg execution failed, still creates
> tiny windows and freezes if I want to open the public keyring.

The reason for this was:
just another item for the TODO list, the path of gpg seem to be
hardcoded in

gpapaintern.c line 552:
argv[i++] = "/usr/local/bin/gpg";

If you have a different path it should be treated more flexible.
(Make it a ./configure option and an gpa option in addition.
Warn if gpg is owned by a different user or is not in the default
place in the path or has been changed.)

Bernhard
--
Professional Service around Free Software (intevation.net)
The FreeGIS Project (freegis.org)
Re: Path hardcoded [ In reply to ]
Hi, Bernhard and everybody,

Bernhard wrote:
> just another item for the TODO list, the path of gpg seem to be
> hardcoded in
>
> gpapaintern.c line 552:
> argv[i++] = "/usr/local/bin/gpg";

Yes, this was a quick hack. It is planned to ...

> If you have a different path it should be treated more flexible.
> (Make it a ./configure option and an gpa option in addition.

... exactly. :-)

> Warn if gpg is owned by a different user or is not in the default
> place in the path or has been changed.)

Good ideas!

Peter (with a system load over 3)