Hi all,

does a documentation exist which “--export-options” and “--export-filter” attributes are supported by which gpg version?

In particular, I am interested in the minimum gpg version for a minimal, Autocrypt-compliant export of existing keys, using the following options:
* --export-options export-minimal,no-export-attributes
* --export-filter keep-uid=…
* --export-filter drop-subkey=…

Thanks in advance,
Albrecht.
Re: Minimum GPG version for export options? [ In reply to ]
On Fri 2018-11-09 19:23:43 +0100, Albrecht Dreß wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> does a documentation exist which “--export-options” and “--export-filter” attributes are supported by which gpg version?
>
> In particular, I am interested in the minimum gpg version for a minimal, Autocrypt-compliant export of existing keys, using the following options:
> * --export-options export-minimal,no-export-attributes
> * --export-filter keep-uid=…
> * --export-filter drop-subkey=…

According to then NEWS file, --export-filter (and --import-filter) was
added in 2.1.14.

Note that the possible matches used for drop-subkey= have grown over
time. most recently, 2.2.9 added a "usage" property as a matcher for
drop-subkey.

export-minimal and export-attributes have been in GnuPG for ages
(they're in the 1.4 branch), but i note that the implementation of
export-minimal has gotten tighter in version 2.2.9 (see
https://dev.gnupg.org/T3622).

Note that in the Debian operating system, I've backported several of
these changes to the version supported in debian stable (aka "debian
stretch" or "debian 9"). So while its version says "2.1.18", it does
include some fixed behavior, mainly to support modern versions of
Enigmail (see https://bugs.debian.org/909000 for more discussion).

Regareds,

--dkg
Re: Minimum GPG version for export options? [ In reply to ]
Thanks a lot for your help!