make: *** [stamp-h.in] Error 1

My autoconf version is 2.12, automake is 1.3.

Alex
--
* | Janusz A. "Alex" Urbanowicz, | DSS: 1024/0x21939169
--+~| | http://eris.phys.uni.torun.pl/~alex/ | D-H: 2048/0xA2E48564
\_|/ | |_ RSA: 512/0xAB425659
| |
Re: problems building GPG [ In reply to ]
Re: problems building GPG [ In reply to ]
> Janusz wrote:
> <<I have encountered some problems while building GPG 0.9.4, 0.9.5 and 0.9.6.
> I'm using source of 0.4.5 with complete set of official patches up to 0.9.6.
> They patch flawlesly then configure passes, but make throws up:
>
> cd . && autoheader
> /usr/bin/autoheader: Symbol 'WITH_SYMBOL_UNDERSCORE' is not covered by
> /usr/lib/autoconf/acconfig.h ./acconfig.h
> make: *** [stamp-h.in] Error 1>>
>
> The precise same thing happened to me under identical circumstances.
>
> <<My autoconf version is 2.12, automake is 1.3.>>
>
> You need to upgrade your autoconf to 2.13. I was stumped by this
> until I finally clued in and looked at a doc file and saw that they
> changed the required autoconf to 2.13 on the sly.

It worked. Thank you. So, why doesn't configure detect older autoconf and
Alex
--
* | Janusz A. "Alex" Urbanowicz, \ Home: <alex@bofh.torun.pl>
--+~| | http://eris.phys.uni.torun.pl/~alex/ \ Work: <alex@bofh.net.pl>
Re: problems building GPG [ In reply to ]
Re: problems building GPG [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 13 May 1999, Janusz A. Urbanowicz wrote:
> It worked. Thank you. So, why doesn't configure detect older autoconf and

Easily fixed with the addition of the following line to configure.in:

AC_PREREQ(2.13)

--
Edward S. Marshall <emarshal@logic.net> [ What goes up, must come down. ]
http://www.logic.net/~emarshal/ [ Ask any system administrator. ]

Linux labyrinth 2.3.0 #1 Wed May 12 09:22:19 CDT 1999 i586 unknown
10:05am up 2 days, 14:01, 4 users, load average: 0.33, 0.12, 0.03