Mailing List Archive

problems importing from a keyring
Hi,

Are we meant to be able to import from a keyring direct? If so, it
doesn't appear to be working for me.

| 22:18:40@cookie| ~ $gpg --no-default-keyring --keyring ./bat.gpg --import ./baz.gpg
| gpg: packet(6) with unknown version 0
| gpg:./baz.gpg: read error: unknown compress algorithm
| gpg: Total number processed: 0
| gpg: import from `./baz.gpg' failed: unknown compress algorithm
| 22:19:15@cookie| ~ $

The `baz.gpg' keyring in question is at

<URL:ftp://g437.ub.gu.se/pub/gnupg/baz.gpg>

`bat.gpg' doesn't exist. gpg used is plain jane 0.9.3. They import
fine if I extract the keys first.

--
James
Re: problems importing from a keyring [ In reply to ]
James Troup <james@nocrew.org> writes:

> Are we meant to be able to import from a keyring direct? If so, it

Yes.

> | gpg: packet(6) with unknown version 0
> | gpg:./baz.gpg: read error: unknown compress algorithm

Use "--no-armor" as a workaround. I think I have to improve the armor
detection code.

--
Werner Koch at guug.de www.gnupg.org keyid 621CC013

Wird Spam am 29. März legalisiert? http://www.politik-digital.de/spam/de/
Will Spam be legalized on March, 29th? http://www.politik-digital.de/spam/en/

Deine Stimme gegen SPAM! - Votez contre le SPAM! - Vote against SPAM!