Anyway, let me know.

Cheers,
Steven
Re: GnuPG-0.9.2 and proxy servers [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 11 Feb 1999, Steven Bakker wrote:

> If anyone's interested (Werner?) I can post the patches. They're not very
> big, 391 lines of diff-source spread over 5 files (g10.c, hkp.c, http.c,
> http.h, options.h options.skel), not counting some modifications to the
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I assume you added a new command line option to submit the proxy address.
However, mostly used is a environment variable named `http_proxy' so I
voting for this solution.

cu
Michael
Re: GnuPG-0.9.2 and proxy servers [ In reply to ]
On Sun, Feb 14, 1999 at 06:00:48PM -0500, Stainless Steel Rat wrote:
> * Michael Roth <mroth@nessie.de>
> | I assume you added a new command line option to submit the proxy address.
> | However, mostly used is a environment variable named `http_proxy' so I
> | voting for this solution.
>
> Ditto.
>
> Speaking of which, how does one get GPG 0.9.2 to fetch keys from a remote
> server?

Add:
keyserver wwwkeys.us.pgp.net

To your options file, and then go verify a sig you don't have on your
keyring. GPG will fetch it automatically.

--
Brian Moore | "The Zen nature of a spammer resembles
Sysadmin, C/Perl Hacker | a cockroach, except that the cockroach
Re: GnuPG-0.9.2 and proxy servers [ In reply to ]

MR> I assume you added a new command line option to submit the proxy
MR> address. However, mostly used is a environment variable named
MR> `http_proxy' so I voting for this solution.

No sweat. Added three lines to g10.c to do just that. It first looks for
HTTP_PROXY. If that's not set, it tries "http_proxy". The command line
and options file still override the environment variable, as you (at least
I) would expect.

Cheers,
Steven
Re: GnuPG-0.9.2 and proxy servers [ In reply to ]
Stainless Steel Rat <ratinox@peorth.gweep.net> writes:

> * brian moore <bem@cmc.net> Sun, 14 Feb 1999 15:16:19 -0800
> | Add:
> | keyserver wwwkeys.us.pgp.net
>
> Duh. It was commented out.

Sure. I have a dial up connection and always giving 0,12 DM
to the Deutsche Telekom is not what I want to do while testing the
program ;-)

Werner

--
ceterum censeo RSA esse delendam
Re: GnuPG-0.9.2 and proxy servers [ In reply to ]
Steven Bakker <steven@icoe.att.com> writes:

> If anyone's interested (Werner?) I can post the patches. They're not very

I need the disclaimer ....

And I don't like to see special code for one special purpose in it.
What I can do is to add support for SOCKS. The other way youl be a
local keyserver which does all the stuff needed to get thru the
firewall - Hmmm, I think this is the better solution.

Werner

--
ceterum censeo RSA esse delendam
Re: GnuPG-0.9.2 and proxy servers [ In reply to ]
On Feb 15, Werner Koch <wk@isil.d.shuttle.de> wrote:
>And I don't like to see special code for one special purpose in it.
>What I can do is to add support for SOCKS. The other way youl be a
>local keyserver which does all the stuff needed to get thru the
>firewall - Hmmm, I think this is the better solution.
Why don't you remove ALL code for getting the key and add some that will
exec a script passing the keyid as a parameter? This will offer an
extensible and easily user modifiable method to get the key.

--
ciao,
Marco
Re: GnuPG-0.9.2 and proxy servers [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 15 Feb 1999, Werner Koch wrote:

> And I don't like to see special code for one special purpose in it.
> What I can do is to add support for SOCKS. The other way youl be a
> local keyserver which does all the stuff needed to get thru the
> firewall - Hmmm, I think this is the better solution.

Hmm. AFAIK the `http_proxy' environment variable is a standard way in
un*x. IMHO support of `http_proxy' would be nice. However, I don't like
the command line option.

cu
Michael
Re: GnuPG-0.9.2 and proxy servers [ In reply to ]
Marco d'Itri <md@linux.it> writes:

> Why don't you remove ALL code for getting the key and add some that will
> exec a script passing the keyid as a parameter? This will offer an
> extensible and easily user modifiable method to get the key.

Sometimes I care about OS/2 and Windoze ;-). Good point and more the
Unix way to do it.

--
ceterum censeo RSA esse delendam
Re: GnuPG-0.9.2 and proxy servers [ In reply to ]
On Feb 16, Werner Koch <wk@isil.d.shuttle.de> wrote:
>> Why don't you remove ALL code for getting the key and add some that will
>> exec a script passing the keyid as a parameter? This will offer an
>> extensible and easily user modifiable method to get the key.
>Sometimes I care about OS/2 and Windoze ;-). Good point and more the
>Unix way to do it.
What about a #define? I am sure most unix users would like to use wget.

--
ciao,
Marco
Re: GnuPG-0.9.2 and proxy servers [ In reply to ]
Werner Koch <wk@isil.d.shuttle.de> writes:

> Sometimes I care about OS/2 and Windoze ;-). Good point and more the
> Unix way to do it.

I remember why I put the code into gpg: In future it should be
possible to use a keyserver instead of a keyring and therefore some
socket code would be needed anyway (And I already wrote this http code
for another project).

Werner

--
ceterum censeo RSA esse delendam
Re: GnuPG-0.9.2 and proxy servers [ In reply to ]

Re: GnuPG-0.9.2 and proxy servers [ In reply to ]