Mailing List Archive

Problem Making gnupg-0.9.2
Good day!

I'm attempting to make gnupg on a DEC alpha running Digital UNIX V4.0B
(Rev. 564) and the make process is dumping core:

% ./configure --disable-dynload
creating cache ./config.cache
checking whether use of /dev/random is requested... yes
checking whether use of extensions is requested... no
:
:
:
linking ./mpi/alpha/mpih-lshift.S to mpi/mpih-lshift.S
linking ./mpi/alpha/mpih-rshift.S to mpi/mpih-rshift.S
linking ./mpi/alpha/mpih-sub1.S to mpi/mpih-sub1.S
% make
No suffix list.
make all-recursive
No suffix list.
Making all in intl
:
:
:
Making all in doc
No suffix list.
sh: 6329 Memory fault - core dumped
*** Exit 1
Stop.
*** Exit 1
Stop.
% exit
%

Any ideason where to start looking for this?

Thanks!

Len Struttmann
IT Security
Rockwell Collins, Inc.
lmstrutt@cca.rockwell.com
Re: Problem Making gnupg-0.9.2 [ In reply to ]
Michael Roth writes:
On Thu, 21 Jan 1999, Len Struttmann wrote:
> I'm attempting to make gnupg on a DEC alpha running Digital UNIX V4.0B
> (Rev. 564) and the make process is dumping core:
Hmm. Have you tried to use GNU-make? AFAIK normally makefiles generated
with `configure' should run with every `make' program, but who knows...

I know that make on SunOS 2.5 barfed on the Makefile generated by
configure, but gmake worked OK.

rone
--
Ron Echeverri Numerical Aerospace Simulation Facility
DSS/Usenet Administrator NASA Ames Research Center
Re: Problem Making gnupg-0.9.2 [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 21 Jan 1999, Len Struttmann wrote:

> I'm attempting to make gnupg on a DEC alpha running Digital UNIX V4.0B
> (Rev. 564) and the make process is dumping core:

Hmm. Have you tried to use GNU-make? AFAIK normally makefiles generated
with `configure' should run with every `make' program, but who knows...

cu
Michael